Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Coffee Talks Around the Community!

Last week I met a friend for coffee.  She’s a Camas mom & fellow Citizen's Advisory Committee member who is a native from Louisiana.  Her coffee was different from my usual Starbucks, it included chicory & it was as delicious as our conversation!

Our coffee talk reminded me of why I’m so passionate to join the Camas School Board. The love for our schools is contagious in our community!  And it should be!  Our students are doing amazing things with incredible opportunities in & out of the classroom!

Today I met with Senator Ann Rivers.  While our conversation focused mostly on funding, I shared with her the concerns of this last years state legislature, passing the state budget up until the brink which crippled many school districts from being able to proactively plan financially for this school year.  I shared with her the concerns we have that the budget that was passed had too many strings attached.  

Meeting with Senator Ann Rivers
Every day I am proud to be an advocate for the students & families of Camas.  As a school board member, I will continue to champion our public schools in our community & with state & federal policy makers.

Continuing my push for advocacy for the Camas School District, I’m excited that Senator Rivers will be setting up a meeting between me & Senator Bruce Dammeier, vice-chair of the Early Learning & K-12 Education committee.  

Senator Ann Rivers & I vowed to continue our coffee talks & I invited her to join our Citizen’s Advisory Committee meetings this year. I look forward to seeing her there. You're invited as well: 1st Mondays of the month at 5:30PM at Zellerbach Administration Center


I want to continue doing this important work on behalf of our students, families, teachers & staff in the Camas School District and I need your support to share with your neighbors & friends.  Every day I am meeting with people, sharing & developing my vision for our schools.  As a future member of the school board, I will continue my interactions attending parent organization meetings at the elementary & middle schools, continuing to meet with administrators, teachers and parents to fully represent the priorities & passions benefiting our students learning.   

I will be honored to serve the students & families of the Camas School District.  Please feel free to contact me!  Let’s have coffee!

Thank you for your continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment